Laravel Digest (June 8-14, 2020)
A selection of new articles on the Laravel framework. Secrets of an Eloquent Relationship. The long-awaited download of files in Livewire. Spatie-free Task Scheduler. Tutorials on creating a Blog, News Site and flexible Shopping Cart. Tests, traits and TDD.
Photo: Erika Heidi
- Sorting by relationship field
A detailed article by Jonathan Reinink on correctly sorting queries by the Eloquent relationship field. Sorting of four types of relations is considered. Performance tests were carried out and tips for improving it were given.
- Laravel 7.15 released.
Added: test helper, a new method for determining relationships and several improvements and improvements.
- Livewire 1.2 release
Main feature: added support for downloading files
New package from DarkGhostHunter containing 35 global helpers
- Laravel Intellisense plugin for Visual Studio Code
Autocomplete for eloquent models, resources, templates, routes, configs and factories.
- Laravel Cronless Schedule Spatie’s
new package for launching the task scheduler without using a crown.
- Laravel Short Schedule
And another new package from Spatie. Scheduler for the execution of artisan commands, up to the second.
- PhpUnitGen Now for Laravel Unit Test Framework Framework
Generation Tool for Your Application
- Eloquent Filter 2.0
Release of the second version of the package for filtering model data from the query string
- Bref Laravel Bridge
Thanks to the sponsors, the package became open-source. It allows you to handle tasks in AWS Lambda through Bref.
- Implementation of the “Strategy” pattern based on a database
- Laravel + DI: Flexible basket for e-shop
- Blog / News site from scratch on Laravel. Lesson in 4 parts
- Detailed Notification Guide. In two parts
- Authentication through Laravel Sanctum and Android with Retrofit. Part 1.
- How to find out the file type in Laravel starting from version 7.14
- Using the Currency data type with Custom Castes in Laravel 7
- Livewire: creating a dynamic search
- Rilttime charts on Laravel Livewire & ChartJS
- Learning to use Alpine.js with Livewire by creating a verification form for Twilio.
- Improved way to create traits for tests
- Development through testing (TDD): writing a RESTful API for managing publications
- Learning to write tests in PHPUnit using API development as an example
- Laravel and Codeception Testing Framework